Random links—some for fun—first one (9/11) distressing
We do not receive any commission for the sites mentioned!
They are in no particular order. We have had to remove some of the links as they are now behind paywalls. As situation always changing, it is difficult to add new ones and be sure they will continue to work.
- 9/11 –Distressing viewing of burning and collapsing towers (ONLY view as historical reminder lest we forget how unbelievably awful it was)
- “CATCH ME IF YOU CAN” Movie extract showing Pan Am flight attendants walking into airport with Abagnale (Video)
- “CATCH ME IF YOU CAN” FRANK ABAGNALE’S TRUE LIFE STORY (His own lecture)
- “CATCH ME IF YOU CAN” (More hard-hitting account)
- LADY GRACE DRUMMOND HAY (Round the world by Zeppelin in 1929!)
- BE FIT TO EVACUATE Interesting and provocative article saying slender fit men have the best prospects in an evacuation.
- A truly remarkable moving panoramic view of the A380 cockpit
- Aerodynamics Index (NASA Glenn Research Center)
This is an amazingly comprehensive online site entitled Beginner’s Guide to Aerodynamics. Although described as being for beginners, they mean dedicated students. Perhaps conscious of this, a means of accessing the site according to one’s knowledge level has now been incorporated.
- Aviation Week
- AIRLINE CODES
also has websites (links) for 959 airlines
- BA 777 Las Vegas — Passengers evacuated with luggage — lucky aircraft half full.